Here you will find recent job postings, career management tools and useful information to start or ignite your career in Supply Management. For questions, comments or further career assistance, contact us on email@example.com.
Job Title: Director of Purchasing PSI-0702
Location: Alexandria, VA
Salary: $120,000 - $140,000 plus bonus and stock options
Employment: Direct hire
Director of Purchasing opening for a $230M, employee-owned, government contractor providing engineering, programmatic and technical support to DoD and other national security organizations.
You will lead a team responsible for $25M+ in annual direct and indirect purchases supporting their business units and associated product and service offerings in robotics, advanced weapons and other warfighter support systems.
This is a highly visible leadership position. We are seeking a highly engaged, hands on director who has significant experience in an R&D prototyping environment, who is conversant with federal government contracting, and who has the aptitude and orientation to effect change in the areas of technology, work flow and process improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as purchasing director for all operational and policy matters relating to direct and indirect purchases and blanket purchase agreements.
• Ensure each procurement action is compliant with the company’s Procurement Manual which is the basis for the company’s DCMA-approved purchasing system.
• Interface regularly with the line organizations to understand and plan current and future requirements.
• Analyze and streamline purchasing processes and workflow. Leverage commercial workflow technology and implement procurement best practices.
• Manage five buyers.
• 15+ years of progressive experience in purchasing with demonstrated success in interpreting and complying with the FAR, DFARS and other U.S. Government procurement regulations.
• Experience working in an R&D prototyping environment.
• Experience working with MRP or MRP-like systems.
• Proficiency in assessing the financial and technical viability and capability of potential vendors.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Government procurement or a related field.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Secret or higher clearance, desirable.
• Up to 10% travel may be required.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
• Experience supporting DCMA Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSR).
• Experience with Deltek Costpoint.
• Working knowledge of subcontract management and administration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
The hiring company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CAREER TOOLS & INFORMATION
Join our members on LinkedIn for professional networking and access to the latest news from ISM-NVA.
Associate Membership for Recruiting firms
ISM-NVA is always looking for opportunities to build strong relationships with recruiting agencies serving the DC Metro Area.
We offer an “associate membership” package dedicated to recruiting firms. We designed this package as a WIN-WIN opportunity both for the recruiters and for our members. For more information please contact email@example.com
2016 ISM's Salary Survey
On average, Supply management professionals who responded to our survey earn $109,961. Click here for the latest results.
Supply Chain in the News....
U.S. News & World Report describes supply chain management as one of the 20 hottest job tracks for this century! ISM is a great way to learn more about this profession!
Job Interview Tips
Preparation is the key to successful job interviews. Find here a comprehensive guide to prepare for job interviews.
ISM-NVA Members: Resume Review
Looking for a job but not getting a good response to your applications? Submit your resume to us and we will review and provide some free guidance so that it might be more attractive to potential employers! Please send your resume and contact information via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting your first resume or interested in improving its visual design? Check out this list of online tools to build a slick CV.
For those interested in extensive resume assistance and career coaching, check out ISM's offer through our partnership with CAREER-Magic.com on ISM website.